Today, we teach you how to customize the controls on your AirPods Pro.
The AirPods Pro which have been available for a short time, are victims of positive feedback from users, YouTubers and journalists, and it must be said that to use them every day, we have almost nothing but good things to say about Apple’s new wireless headphones.
The noise reduction and transparency mode work remarkably well, thanks in particular to the new in-ear design. The AirPods Pro also have a new pressure sensor in the earphone stem, which gives access to several controls.
On classic AirPods, double tapping allows you to use different controls, but with AirPods Pro, Apple has opted for pressure with two fingers on the rod.
A long press switches between noise reduction and transparency mode, while a single, double or triple press controls audio playback, but not only.
In this article, we are going to show you several ways to change what does the long press on the rod of the AirPods Pro (for the right and left earpiece). We will also see how to customize the pressure sensor, and in particular the speed of the press and the duration of the hold for the long press.
Customize the pressure sensor in the two headphones
- Go to Settings> Bluetooth and press the i next to the AirPods (they must be connected)
- In the Keep your finger on the AirPods section , press left or right
- Choose for the pressure sensor of this AirPod, if it activates Siri or noise reduction
- It is also possible to choose No to deactivate noise suppression and transparency, for example to gain autonomy
- We can also mention the possibility of customizing the operation of the microphones of your AirPods Pro. For example if you share an AirPod with another person, it is possible to mute the microphone on this headset.
Customize support speed and hold time on AirPods Pro
- Go to Settings> Bluetooth
- Go down in the page and press AirPods
- Adjust the speed of the press and the duration of the hold by choosing something other than the Default settings
It is also possible to authorize noise reduction with a single AirPod.
AirPods Pro controls
As a reminder, here are the controls for AirPods Pro:
- Press to start playback, pause or pick up a phone call
- Two presses go to the next song
- Three presses return to the previous track
- Long press to quickly activate and deactivate transparency mode